Now apply this to a business setting. When the managers and employees do not communicate, reaching the goal the company has set up will not be achieved easily, if at all. I tried searching for my old McD employee handbook and not surprisingly I think I threw it out long ago. So I found it online. Here's what I found:
"McDonald's vision is to be the world's best quick service restaurant experience. Being the best means providing outstanding quality, service, cleanliness and value, so that we make every customer in every restaurant smile. To achieve our vision, we are focused on three worldwide strategies:
1. Be the best employer for our people in each community around the world,
2. Deliver operational excellence to our customers in each of our restaurants, and
3. Achieve enduring profitable growth by expanding the brand and leveraging the strengths of the McDonald's system through innovation and technology."
http://www.hhpublishing.com/_onlinecourses/study_strategies/BSL/motivation/E5.html
Now let’s consider how much of that is actually implemented on a company-wide scale? To be honest I feel like this is the first time I’ve heard this. And if they want to be the “best employer” they should at least try to be that. (sorry, a little ranting there). So what does that say for the company? If the crew members don’t know this, how can the company strive towards their goal of being “the best”?
I think we just found another hole in this company!

1 comment:
I've never worked for a company that actually lived up to their hype - customers first, employees are our most important asset, we meet and exceed our customers expectation, etc, etc. Without unflagging support from upper management it would be impossible to meet those goals. Alas, it will never happen because they all cost money to implement and maintain!
Post a Comment